Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Family and Motherhood

I have been a mother for almost 13 years now. It's strange to even say that outloud because it still seems like just yesterday I was bringing my precious crotchfruit into this world. But time has just flown on by and now at the ripe ole' age of 28 I have 3 beautiful and annoying children. They are all three in different stages of childhood. I had my children to far apart LOL They are 12, 7 and 3 and all of them are about to hit their birthdays. My oldest is now in Middle school and in the process of discovering who she is, what path she wants to take in life and going through puberty. She is mouthy and snotty and sometimes stuck up. But she is still a good kid with good grades and she just excels. My son is now in 2nd grade and in such an awkward stage. It's hard for me to raise a son, because I am not a "man" so it is hard for me to teach him the manly things he needs to know. But I have done pretty well so far, and now he has a wonderful man in his life to teach him all the manly things. He likes to take things apart, just to see how to put them together. Such a fun stage Lol Sometimes they don't always go back together. But that is how you learn and I just bare with it. He will grow out of it, right? My last baby is 3 and learning her numbers and counting. She couldn't start Pre-K this year because she didn't meet the birthday guidelines. So she gets one more year home with mom before she ventures out into the world like my other 2.

But, it doesn't seem to matter what I do with my kids, one of them is always unhappy with me. I am only one person and my children expect me, as MOM to do it all. My oldest things I favor my son, because he is my only son. Therefore she thinks he NEVER gets in trouble. Truth is, she has just been gone all summer so she doesn't know what's happened. She just assumes. My son thinks I let my oldest get away with murder because she is the oldest and she gets to do more. My youngest thinks I need to give her my undivided attention 24/7. My son has an open house this week and she is mad because I signed up to go. But because of car issues, I missed her volleyball practice. Because I am supposed to be an assistant coach for her team this year. So all because I missed ONE practice because I couldn't find a ride or a sitter, I'm somehow favoring my son, over her. Even though it wasn't my fault and definitely wasn't my intention.

I also missed the very first PTA meeting of the year. Because YES, I am also a PTA mom. So I volunteer at my son's school and my daughter's while going through 801 health issues and my body is trying to shut down on me. I get it, they are kids and I am mom. Yes, maybe I did bite off a little more than I could chew. But I have ALWAYS been an active participant in my kids' school and supporting them 100% of the time.

But it doesn't seem to matter what I do, I am always the bad guy. Or I am playing favorites or they think I spend more time with one sibling over the other. And I am playing pure hell trying to balance everyone and everything out.

I need a damn vacation or something. Because I am just plain fried. And I don't know what to do. And I dont think it matters what I do, someone will always be upset with me. And it's not for lack of trying.

So what do I do now? I feel at a loss. I dont know what to do to make them all happy or even content for that matter. With that said. It's time to shower. I am an assistant volleyball coach at school, everyday this week.

Anyone have any thoughts? Am I doing something wrong? I just don't know what to do to keep everyone happy. And no one is happy it seems. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Drop me a line anytime! :D