Search This Blog

Friday, January 3, 2014

Yea, I Said It! SO WHAT?

So I don't even remember exactly how long ago it was, but it wasn't very long ago. I was just minding my own business in my crazy life, with my crazy kids and I had posted something on MY personal Facebook page about my son. He was being a total ass one day. Getting into shit, taking shit apart trying to put it back together, running around like I slipped some crack in his cereal. He was being a total douche. So I posted on Facebook that my son was being a total douche. Yeah, I said it! So what?

Boy, Oh Boy! I didn't expect what happened next. First I got a slew of "I'm so glad I'm not alone" kind of posts and then came the nasty comments. Then came the "You're a piece of shit mom" and "Your kids are going to hate you when they get older" and blah blah blah. Normally I let them go. Because really, if you know me. Then you know how I am with my kids. You know how I talk to my kids, how I raise my kids and how my kids are. So why on Earth would anyone say that shit? Because. Everyone is so damn judgemental to other parent's it is sickening. The internet is plain sickening anymore. And I don't think that will ever change.. People are always so judging about how you are parenting wrong, and you should do this and not do this and not do that. And I will never understand why. Because every child on this planet is different. For instance..

My oldest daughter is almost 12 going on 40. She thinks the world revolves around her and we should worship the ground she walks on. Sorry, my little minion. It doesn't revolve around you or anyone else. She is a snotty little brat. And I do NOT sugarcoat anything with my children. If she is being a brat, I will tell her she is being a stuck up snotty brat and she changes her attitude. Because she knows.

My son, has  been a Grade A douche lately. Is it my parenting? NO. It comes with the territory of a 7 year old. He is destructive and loud and smells and pees everywhere. So I tell him. "Yo! Dude, you're pissing all over my toilet, you're cleaning it. Cuz, I pee IN the toilet, not around it! And you are the only BOY pissing around the toilet" Am I an asshole? Am I mean? Maybe. But he is still a douche and I will tell him when he is being a douche and he knocks his shit off. Because he knows that's how this mama rolls..

My youngest, she was spoiled from birth I think. Because she is the baby and she was premature and teeny tiny. She also has a vagina and thinks the world revolves around her. She has now reached 3 years old and thinks she is the #1 Princess in the world and everything is ALL about her. She is a brat. I tell her she is a brat. But guess what folks? She's 3. All three year old children are brats whether you want to admit it or not. 

I just today even had someone question my CLASS as a person because I called my son a Grade A Douche and I did it publicly for everyone to see. Does that make me a bad parent? Well if you think so, think what you want ALL you want. Because it doesn't hurt my feelings.

I don't sugar coat my life. I don't sugar coat anything with my kids either. This is 2014 folks! The world is changing. People are changing, kids are changing, Parenting itself is changing. 

I remember when I was a kid, my grandma would tell me to "Pick a switch" off the tree to get my ass whooped with. Nowadays you even mention the word spank on the internet and its freakin Pearl Harbor out there. Really? I'm sorry. Maybe I am a shitty parent and I keep it real with my kids, but if they need a good ole' fashioned ass whoopin' they will get it. Why? Because that's how I was raised, and it taught me RESPECT. Something not a whole lot of kids have these days in my opinion because to many people are afraid to get slapped with child abuse because they whoop that ass when need be.

So, to sum it up.  My oldest is a snotty stuck up brat, my son is a Grade A Douche and my youngest is a brat too. Call me all the names you want, say what you want. Feel what you want. But I will keep it just as real with my children as I will anyone else on this planet, because that is how I roll.

But while you are busy judging me make sure you keep in mind who I am. I'm the single mom raising 3 kids by herself. I'm also that mom who works her ass off to keep food in their bellies, a roof over their head, and clothes on their backs. Who works everyday to make sure they have everything they need. Who bends over backwards and sideways to make sure my children have the life that I never had. Who is sick as shit and still gets out of bed everyday to raise my children. Had surgery after surgery to try and make myself a better person, a better mother. A mother whom also has Cancer and will kick it's ass to show the world that I can do this. I am the friend you can call at 3am and tell me you are sick as fuck and I will show up the next day with a soup, crackers and laughs. 

I am also one hell of a woman. So judge my parenting all you wish. I promise it won't hurt my feelings or change how I choose to raise my kids. But I won't judge you for how you raise your kids. Because they are your kids, not mine.

Don't like it? Exit to the left...

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Drop me a line anytime! :D