Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Shadows

The shadows of my past manage to haunt me everyday. See, I have a tendency to live in the past more then I should. Because I just can't let some things that happened go. Especially things that effected my children. Because the things that happened, will be with them the rest of their lives. At the very least, the rest of mine because I will always remember what had happened. But why can't I just let it go? It happened in the past, it isn't happening now, but yet I still manage to re-live every single day of it in my head.. I just don't understand why I can't just let it go and move on. With certain things and certain people, I have let some things go. I have learned to forgive but I have never forgotten and I never will. But it all still haunts me every day of my life.

What is it about the shadows of our past that we can't just let go, or is it just me? I have posted before about how I was in therapy now. My therapist has taught me how to deal with things better than I have in the past. She has taught me how to let go of things and move on. Letting them go and moving on will truly set you free.

So to anyone else like me, who is living in the shadows of your past. Do what I am learning to do. Let go and it will set you free! It will set you free and you will live a better life for it.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To view today's blog host, click here

and

To view all other entries, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Drop me a line anytime! :D