Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2012

I'm Taking Charge

Today's Prompt is "Will You Take Charge" to view today's blog host you can click here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So today, I am a little behind. Normally I would have posted last night, but just couldn't. So I opened up Facebook to view the topic. And immediately when I read, "Will You Take Charge?" My mind went completely dirty LOL. Because yes that is the kinda freak I am! I thought "Why yes, yes I will take charge"

..But then figured I probably shouldn't post that kind of naughty blog, HAHA! So I will take it a different route and keep it "PG" :-P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So for the longest time (up until recently even) I have had some severe co-dependency issues. I am not sure why, that is still being sorted. But I haven't been one to take charge, I have been the passenger so to speak and that has ended. Recently I have had some very drastic things happen in my life. Blood disorders and surgeries and possible cancer. It has all thrown me for a loop, all the while I have not told my children anything, they just know that mommy is sick. Anyways, I have sat back and let others try to "run" my life and I have only said things here and there not really doing anything about it (i.e. someone trying to tell me how to raise my kids, what I should and shouldn't be doing etc..) and I have just sat back and let it all slide. I'm not going to blame it on my medical problems, because that just isn't true. Mostly, I was just lazy and had this "I don't give a flying f*ck attitude."

But that has changed. I have reached this "Im fed up" point and I am not taking any crap from anyone about anything. If I don't like it, I say so. If something needs changed in my life, I do my best to change it right then and there (depending on what it is..) and that is just it. It's my life and I will be damned if I am going to let anyone else try to run it or try to control what I do and don't do. So here is what I am doing:

~Moving. As soon as I have enough money saved up, I am getting out of this neighborhood and moving up to bigger and better things then the hood.

~Making a budget plan. May not sound like a big thing to anyone else, but I want to keep track of funds and making sure money is going where it NEEDS to go and not where I WANT it to go.

~Going back to school. I have done a lot of soul searching and I have decided to pursue my true passions in life (a later blog..) and I am hoping it will get me somewhere in life.

..and that is it so far. It's still a work in progress, but I will keep ya'll posted.

But I decided about this time last week, that it is my life and I haven't been in charge. But it's my time to get up and take charge of my life, because I am the only one who can do it!

Until tomorrow my friends!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can view the rest of today's entries here!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a plan going and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be tough to take a stand, but I think you have a great plan in place! Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read something once...I know I will get this quote a bit wrong--but it went something like this: Real change doesn't happen until we realize we hate the idea of not changing. Only then can change begin.

    Okay did that make sense?

    Well--I probably twisted it all up somehow but that is the basic premise. I have to hate my current situation to want to make a change. Yeah--for me anyway-- I have to get to that point. I'm glad you got fed up--that means you are ready for change.

    But!! I am going to say this. I have family that is very outspoken about certain things. When they see something they don't like--they say it right then and there. They are brash, harsh, and sometimes don't give a f*** if you get offended or hurt in the process. While I respect their right to have their opinions, I think they could still state their opinions in a way that gets the point across without being hurtful and mean.

    So while I believe we shouldn't take crap from others and speak our minds--I do believe that we should choose our words carefully and we can speak our minds directly without being hurtful to others. I am still shocked to this day that my family does this--and I certainly don't want to be like that in front of my kids.

    Just some food for thought.

    Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Drop me a line anytime! :D