Search This Blog

Monday, October 22, 2012

First Impressions

I must say, that I am guilty of judging a book by it's cover. I will take one look at a person and immediately judge them in my head. I am a very blunt person, but when I first meet a person, I am/will secretly judge you in my head. It usually takes me 2-3 times of actually spending time or being around a person before my first judgement goes out the window. For example: I met a woman through a mutual friend that wore all black, black nail polish, black hair, wore a Korn t-shirt and the tightest pair of spandex pants I have ever seen in my life. My first judgement of this person was that she was a "Gothic" person and listened to rock music etc. This was my first judgement. After I had spent sometime with this woman I came to find out that she was a First Grade Teacher and listened to Mozart... WHAT? Lol I hadn't seen that coming at all. She just liked the "black" look. So this is also a learning curve for me, but I am working on not judging other's by my first impression but rather my 2nd or 3rd.

As for an actual book. I would say that it isn't the cover of it that draws me in. I am the person who opens the book straight to the back to read the reviews/blurbs about it. That is what lures me in..

But why is it that I immediately judge a person based on how they look, but my judgement of a book is completely different? This I do not know. That would be something that I am working on. It is a work in progress. Any thoughts?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To view today's blog host, click here!

and

To view all other entries, click here!

4 comments:

  1. I think we're all a work in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meet a lot of people everyday. I always give people the benefit of the doubt. There are people I meet I just don't hit it off with right away. I don't have time for everyone--so I do sort of judge whether or not someone seems worth getting to know. It isn't based on their outward appearances as much as it is whether we connected well when we met. It is still judging a book by its cover--but I'm at least willing to try.

    Cheers, Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's interesting that you judge people on first impression but not books, Jessie! I've had some surprises, too, when people turn out to be very different from my first impression of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is awful hard not to be drawn in by your first impression of a person. You really got to give people a chance. Books? I read the summaries on the back and go from there. Great blog.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Drop me a line anytime! :D