Search This Blog

Monday, October 1, 2012

Family Gatherings

When my family and I get together, it's definitely a party to say the least. On an average get together there is about 18 of us. And that is just IMMEDIATE family. And it happens so often, it's sometimes hard to keep track. Ever single birthday, (which there is one every month in our family, except September) and its happens 4 times in October, it get's exhausting! But it's worth it in every single way. I love that my family is so close, and if we need something we have each other to lean on.

Anyways, on my son's 3rd birthday (almost 3 years ago) We had all did what we did every single year and got together to celebrate. Except this year, I had decided to get a little more imaginative. I went to the dollar store and bought the kids SILLY STRING. Yeah, it wasn't my best idea ever. But it ended colorful. I wanted to make sure my son had a good birthday and I believe he did, but he was 3. He probably won't remember it, but I will!

Here is my wonderful son:

<~~See the mess? It was an entire year later and we were still finding pieces of silly string everwhere. Keep in mind, at this time there were exactly 8 kids at the time, not to mention adults. Cuz mommy was playing too.


Here he is just having a great time. With his big sister putting the silly string ON his head. ~~~~>




Close up! Isn't he handsome?
















Last one, I swear! This was the end of the day, it's him and I! :)


For the most part, I am not the life of the party. but I try my best to make sure my kids always are! Nowadays I just sit back and observe and be entertained everything going on. But back in the day, I always had something to say or something to do at a party. not so much these days though!!

Check Out Today's Blog Host Here!

and check out all other blog entries

HERE!

12 comments:

  1. What a fun post!! We did silly string one year--but we did it outside. And I'll be honest with you , we were pulling that stuff off of shrubs, rocks, gardens, grass, and trees a year later too--after snow, ice, rain, you name it. It makes you wonder what that silly stuff is made of!!

    Such a fun post!! Thanks for sharing and being a part of the Kick off for BlogFEST 2012!! Here's to a GREAT month of blogging, Cheers!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am soo excited! I can't wait to read everyone elses posts. I am still playing catch up!!

      Delete
  2. I have never been brave enough to let my kids cut loose with silly string. I applaud you for that one! LOL

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy~ It was the first and last time it happened! Never again will I go there!!

      Delete
  3. Your son is adorable. :) And I love silly string! And I'm glad I'm not the only mom out there foolish enough to hand it out to her kids! That stuff is like Easter grass.. You're still vacuuming it up at Christmas time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Up until the day we moved we were still finding it. And I bet there is still some lingering over there! lol

      Delete
  4. Silly string is an outside toy, silly :) But WHAT FUN! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is for outside. But his birthday is in November, so it was far to chilly to be outside with it! LOL! Lesson learned though!

      Delete
  5. Well it looks like one little guy had a whole lot of fun that night! And the fact that you were still finding silly string a year later...hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a Grandma, I still give them silly string! They love it and I just clean it up for how ever many months it takes! Just plain fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kids need to have lots of fun everyday and especially on their birthdays, your son had a great time. It was fun to watch and read, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah ... I remember putting them in our play room and we still seeing those until years later :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Drop me a line anytime! :D