Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2012

Peace

I dont think anyone quite understands the feeling of peace quite like a stay at home mommy or daddy. But I also can't speak for anyone else, I am just assuming here.

I have 3 kids. My 3 wonderful, crazy, weird children keep me on my toes constantly. But I have also strived to make sure that my children live better then I did. See, when I was growing up, I was never allowed friends over, and never allowed to go anywhere. I was the "live in" babysitter because I was the oldest of the bunch and it was my job to keep an eye on them while my parents did whatever. I played the mommy role for my brother and sister for many years. Anyways, I have made damn sure that I wasn't "that" parent to my kids. I mean don't get me wrong, my daughter will babysit when she is old enough, but it won't be a daily thing like it was for me. But where I have make sure that my kids go out and do things, and have people over. My oldest just LOVES to have people over. And I let her do it, even though it drives me batshit crazy! Lol It drives me crazy when I have 4 different kids fighting over bickering it really does. But lately I have been going INSANE with these kids and peace is something that is hard to come by. Here is a rundown of what has happened just in the last week:

~My oldest daughter, who is the wee young age of TEN has just started her period. I knew it was coming, I really knew it was.The emotions running high, the attitude, the growing of little peck boobies, I had seen it coming. But it didn't hit me until just today, like it really didn't sink in until today. I feel old Lol.. My oldest baby has started her period and is starting her journey to "womanhood" and I haven't even reached my 30's yet! She is quite emotional with an attitude too. She actually used the words "I hate you" to me the other day, which you know. In Parenthood, means you are doing your job right at least. But she has the attitude of a 16 year old girl I swear it! My mother was right when she told me that she was going to be 10 times worse then I ever was! Lol

~My wonderful daughter who will be 2 in October is finally and officially off the bottle. I know, I know. As a mommy who has had 2 kids before her, it was my full intention to have her off the bottle before now. But what can I say, I was milking her for all I could get. She is the last baby I will ever be able to have! So the reality that my "last" baby (they will always be my babies) was going to be OFF the bottle, just crushed me a little. But at the same time, I really do believe that the best decision I made for myself and my family was to tie my tubes. Anyways, she is OFF the bottle. And she fought me for TWO days. Crying and screaming and kicking her feet and throwing things and just having little one year old tantrums about it. And it drove me CRAZY. She wouldn't sleep right at night with her "pippy" as she calls it. She wouldnt' sleep during the day, she was cranky and irritable and having a MOMENT of peace has not been an option.

This is a conversation I had with my 3 year old niece today..

"Aunt Jetka, I went in potty and I made a #3"

"What do you mean you made a #3?

"I went to potty and I didnt make it to the potty, and I maked #3 on the floor by the potty"

OMG...

*walks to bathroom to investigate*

She had pulled her pants down to go to the bathroom and because one of my other children moved the foot stool, she didn't make it ON the potty in time. And this is when I discovered what a #3 was.

#3= Pee and Poop at the same time..

*shakes my head*

I can't discipline her for something like that, because she TRIED. But really? LOL So just FYI to any mommy's out there reading, a #3 is a poop and pee at the same time!!

..So at this very moment. I have 5 children in my house. I have two 10 year olds, a 5 year old, a 3 year old and a 1 year old. All have which just fell asleep.

PEACE and QUIET is the best feeling in the world and the very first time all week I have felt like I can sit down and relax without any period talk, or pee talk or bottle talk. I was going so crazy, I made a game up with the kids! We called it "Duct, Duct, Tape" Lol However they didn't enjoy the idea of it as much as I did, so we didn't play...

I FEEL LIKE AN ADULT! I could really use a glass of wine right now..

Finally some peace and quiet to catch up on blogs of which I have neglected all week!!

2 comments:

  1. I know where you are coming from. Been there. I read somewhere that parents do not want justice they want peace and quiet. I agree. I used to thank God for small mercies when my boys would sleep or step out of the house. Now I miss their chatter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, am down on my knees thanking God that mine have grown up. Now they have parties on weekends on the terrace, while I stay in my room and sleep at 9 PM

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Drop me a line anytime! :D