Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2012

Hopelessly Devoted

I could write a 6 page blog about just how devoted to my kids I am, but I'm not going too. I always seem to talk about my kids. Which to me is a sure fire sign that I am devoted to them. However I don't always talk about the love of my life, the one and only man that rocks my world.

I love him to death. I am soo devoted to this man, that I would do anything for him. I would walk to the end of the world for him, just because. If I am having a bad day, I can count on him to be there for me, even though he isn't under the same roof with me. I can call him day or night, I can ask him anything, he does anything I ask of him. He is just there for me. Which is something completely new to me. I have always been that girl who has gone after the wrong guy. You know the douchebag who is only worried about himself, doesn't have a job and never wants to do anything but sleep and party. Yeah, little boys have always been my past choices.

But with him, I know in my heart I made the right call when my almost 2 year old daughter called him "Daddy" and he she (up until today) only called him Jason. He loves my kids as much as he loves his own. And the things he does, just melts my heart and brings me to tears.

Never in my life have I been SO in love with someone, as I am with this man. He does something EVERYDAY to make me fall in love all over again with him and he doesn't even know it. Yesterday, he caught a ride and drove almost 25 miles out of the way, just to bring me money, because he knows I didn't have any. Its little things like that, that he does that make me fall in love with him everyday, just because. He has such a huge heart and he doesn't even see it. He doesn't even know that the little things he does, are the biggest reasons I fell in love with him in the first place.

I tell him everyday, multiple times a day just how much I love him. Because I believe it is important to let the ones you love know, before it's too late.

So the other day, I was taking him to donate plasma, and I was sitting in the car with my youngest, waiting for him to come out. Some older gentleman (had a good 20+ years on me) asked me if he could take me out for lunch. I wasn't sure what to say at first Lol Then I told him that my HUSBAND was inside donating. That was a new word for me to use, because even when I was previously married, I never actually used the word "husband." Anyways, I waited for Jason to come out and I told him all about it. And at first he didnt' say anything. And I took him back to where he was staying after we sat down and had a nice lunch together. Later that night we were just talking like we always do, and at this point I was still shocked with my own statement and I told him "I called you my husband today, and I liked it!" He said " I would love that!" and it got quiet for a good 5 minutes...

At that point, I wasn't sure if I had scared him a little or what was going on Lol. Then out of nowhere he just said it. He said "Marry Me"

And I said, "Are you serious?" "Don't play with me like that!" and he said "I don't play when it comes to things like that!" and there was yet another awkward silence.

Every single part of my instincts wanted to scream YES at the top of my lungs, but I was on the computer, so I had to stay collected long enough to give him the answer he already knew he was going to get. YES! Of course I told him yes! The devotion I have for this man, brings tears to my eyes. I am 26 years old and I have found the man I want to spend the rest of my life with, the real man. The only man I ever want to be with again. The only man that I want to wake up to forever. The only man in this world I can call my best friend. He is my best friend. The love of my life. And he is the ONLY man in this world I have said that about.

Because I dont care what anyone else thinks, or how anyone else feels about it. As long as him and I are happy together, that is the only thing in this world that should matter. We both make each other happy. Well, at least I do believe I make him as happy as he makes me. And the devotion we have for each other, is the same devotion that I think every man and woman in this world should have for each other. And even after this long I still get butterflies when I see him. I still get butterflies.

And I know the devotion and butterfiles will always be there between us...

2 comments:

  1. Awww,,,, Sweet! I wish much happiness for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! That is awesome. I am so happy for you!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Drop me a line anytime! :D