Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

What Do You Stand For?



I personally LOVE this topic. Kudos to whomever it was that came up with it, because I believe it is absolutely brilliant!

Anyone who is a frequent flyer of my blog already knows that most of my writing is based around my family or whatever is going on in my life. Well recently, my back surgery was postponed because of my blood work that came back from my pre-op appointment. I am now being referred to an oncologist. That of which I don't see until later this week. But these recent happenings in my life have gotten me thinking about a lot of things in my life. The people in my life, and just my life in general. All of which have left me even questioning myself. I never claimed to be the greatest person in the world but I have wondered. Am I parenting my children right? Am I good girlfriend? Am I doing anything at all right anymore? I question myself almost daily and I don't have the answers. But this is what I do know and what I do believe.

~I was raised to RESPECT my elders. It doesn't matter if it is someone who is 1 month older then you, or 10 years older then you. If you are sitting in a chair, and someone older then you walks in, you get your happy ass up out of that chair out of respect.. Whether you like it or not. This is something I have also instilled in my children as well.

~I believe that no matter what, Blood is and will always be thicker then water. Doesn't matter what the situation is, your family always comes first.

~I firmly believe in Karma. I do believe that what goes around, does come back around and you will get what's coming to you. Karma has no deadline

~I also believe that one should take responsibility for their actions, no matter what the case maybe. I believe if you can lay down and make a baby with someone, you should be able to raise that child as well. Otherwise, don't make babies!

~I believe in honesty. I have been told on more then one occasion that I am a very honest and blunt person. But I would rather be known for my bluntness and honesty then to have someone say that I am "fake" or untrustworthy.

~I believe that Laughter truly is the best medicine or ANYTHING. If you can't laugh, even at yourself, then what's this life for? Laughing, living and loving one another EQUALLY is the best way to get through life, in my opinion.

~I believe in forgiveness. I believe in forgiving, but never forgetting. If you don't forgive a person, that gives them the power over you and that my friend is no way to get through life.

~ I believe thar Love will get you through anything. Love will get you through life. The power of Love is one of the greatest gifts in the world we are given.

~I believe that every person in this world is here for a reason and for a purpose. We all have a purpose in life, we just have to have the patience to figure out what it is.

So what do I stand for? I stand for myself. Because I am one of a kind and there is no one in this world like me. I stand for everything I believe in. The Good, the bad and the ugly. Because that is just how I roll... :)

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you and I have a lot in common! Wonderful post!! Bravo!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy!! And yes, I do believe we do have a lot in common :)

      Delete
  2. I'm a member of the same club with you and Kathy. I could have written this about my own values. (but not as well as you have..)

    I sure hope you are okay. I have to admit that I'm worried about you. I learned one thing about faith... You must be able to hand it all over to the Lord, then trust Him before your miracle will come. When I say "Trust Him", I mean that you have to learn to say "Lord, this problem is bigger than me and I cannot fix this by myself, so I am giving it to Your more than capable hands and I leave it there for Your Will to be done." I'm not going to tell you this is easy because we all give our problems to the Lord, but then we take them back and keep trying to "fix" them. The first time I gave a really big problem over to the Lord and left it there, I was shaking with fear of what would happen if I didn't continue to think and do things to try to fix it. But, the fact is that there was NOTHING that I could do and my efforts to fix were only prolonging what I thought was the inevitable. When I left the whole thing in God's hands, He gave me a miracle...a real, true-to-life miracle. I will never forget that it takes FAITH to get your miracle. Love you, girl. I hope all turns out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be okay I think Darlene. It's just been rough times and faith is something I have very little of these days. Im too stubborn to "hand" anything over to anyone or anything else right now. I do believe I can get through this on my own, even as hard as it is. I will get where I need to be, one way or another. I am just stubborn like that...lol

      Delete
  3. btw...this one was my topic, inspired by the photo that I found somewhere on the internet.... All even numbered topics are mine and all odd numbered topics are Tracie's. The photo challenge on Wednesdays are joint between Tracie and me. Now you know all our secrets...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww lol Yay I feel special... I can't do the photo challenges or I would. I don't have a camara :( Im poor remember? LOL

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Drop me a line anytime! :D