Search This Blog

Sunday, May 27, 2012

When I Grow Up

When I was a little girl, I looked at life completely different then I do now. I think it's mostly because my childhood was far from a happy one. I could sit here and count on one hand the happy memories I have of being a child, and I just don't have enough fingers and toes to count the bad ones. I had a lot more bad things happen then good. And for all of them I wouldn't want to go back.

But good or bad, it never changed my hopes or dreams. Because I believe that it doesn't matter how crappy your life is or how great it is, the things that never change are your hopes and dreams, I mean of course unless you want them to change. Those are two things that no one in the world can take away from you.

When I was 7 and in class, we did the usual kind of assignment in school. The "What do you want to be when you grow up" assignment. Yeah I think we all had that at one time or another. I wrote up what I called my "To Be" list. I wanted to be just about everything. I wanted to be a doctor, a lawyer, a nurse, an astronaut, an actress and at one point and time I wanted to be a trapeze artist. I was full of all sorts of imagination back then. 

And now that I am older, I am all of those things and soo much more. I am a mother of 3 children, and being a parent is the hardest job in the world.

I am a doctor, because nothing heals better then mommy's kiss. I am a lawyer, because well.. who knows conflict resolution like a mother with 3 kids that are separated in age by 5 years? This woman right here! I am a nurse, because nothing works better sometimes then an old fashioned band-aid. And I am an astronaut. Well if you ask my son I am the best spaceship maker EVER! Lol And well, a trapeze artist? Well that doesn't seem to be anywhere in my future, but I suppose you never know.

So I guess, what I wanted to be when I "grew up" I have achieved and soo much more!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful Post, I liked all the things you are, and So very true!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog! So true...a Mom has a whole bunch of jobs all rolled into one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Sad that your childhood was not the greatest but look at how far you have come and how many dreams you have fulfilled...i enjoyed this very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a wonderful blog, Jessie! You certainly have achieved a lot! Moms wear soooo many hats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry your childhood was not a pleasant experience. I'm glad to see you have managed to hold on to those hopes and dreams and make them happen in a creative and useful ways! Excellent blog!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Drop me a line anytime! :D