Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What Would You Do?

So, Im in a bit of a pickle and I will take any thoughts/advice I can get! Here's the story.

This afternoon, I was walking with a friend to pick my kids up from school, its a good mile walk altogether. And on the way back, we picked up her nephews so they would be worn out as well Lol And this boy, whom is the same age as my daughter kept asking her to come walk by him. And I knew that she had liked him a little bit, because she kept telling him "No, Im walking with my mom" and kept going..

When we got back home, she instantly came in to do her homework. Because the rule is that she is not allowed to play outside until all homework/chores are completed. So he followed her inside, because she needed the dictionary and I don't have one. So I pulled up the internet and put her on dictionary.com LOL Im ghetto I know..

He says "I can help you" and I am sitting on my porch just conversating with my friend, and I peek in every now and then to check on them.

After homework, they came outside to play with the other kids ( I had 7 kids here today) and shortly after they leave. When they are gone my daughter informs me that she didn't do her homework, HE did. SAY WHAT? Noooo my child. I nipped that in the butt. It's ok to have HELP with our homework, but its not ok to have boys do our homework LOL

Then she says, "Will you ask "insert name here" if him and I can be study buddies?"

My stomach hit the floor... LOL I couldn't believe that my daughter was bold enough to ask a boy this question, like EVER.

Instantly, my mind fast-forwarded to when she is 16, dating boys.

I called EVERYONE I knew and told them the story LOL I was in awww at my 10 year old daughter.. After all she is 10, not 16.

My mother says, I need to nip it in the butt before she thinks it is ok to ask any boy she wants to be "study buddies" and Im said, "Mom, she's 10 what is the worst that could happen?!" LOL

She is 10 years old and wants a study buddy that she also has a crush on, and he also has this same little crush on her. I don't see the harm in it, as long as there is adult supervision. They are only 10 after all.

If it were your daughter, would you let it happen?

11 comments:

  1. I have two daughters and nothing like this has come up around my house, they are 12 and 9, so I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, stressing the parental supervision part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as adults are in the room at all times, there shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure its very much puppy/childhood crush that won't go anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I am thinking Elizabeth. It's just a little puppy love thing, and I also know his parents, so I think Mom has home field advantage on this one LOL

      Delete
  4. I agree that with adult supervision it should be okay. You need to show some trust and this is a good way to start. Even though she is being supervised, she is being allowed to have a boy study with her. Building trust little by little will pay off big time in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my thought process too Elaine. I think having trust with her now will benefit me in the long run :)

      Delete
  5. There's nothing wrong with her having a friend who is a boy. Yes, they should be supervised and it's also important for them to know that studying together doesn't mean that one does the other's work, but as long as he's a nice kid, I say let the friendship develop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Supervision is the key. Let them be friends. The crush should be over quickly. Then there will be the next one... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I am sooo not ready for it!! LOL I figured I would have a few years before she was even "interested" in boys! Boy was I wrong! LOL

      Delete
  7. Adult supervision!! My daughter is 9 going on 16 but she's not allowed to hand out with boys unless me or daddy or their parents are supervising. Thankfully--the only little boy she plays with besides her younger brother is younger than her-- and she only plays with him by way of having to play with both him and his sister who is her age. She sees him as a nuissance (thank God!). Let us know how this goes :)

    Cheers, Jenn
    http://www.wine-n-chat.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Drop me a line anytime! :D