Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2012

Lost My Mind

Most days, I actually believe I have lost my mind. Spending sooo much time with my children never having a break. It gets very stressful and very overwhelming fast.

"Mom, Im hungry!"
"Mom, he's touching me!"
"Mom, Katie won't let me play with her"
"Mom, Im thirsty"
"Mom, can we go outside to play"

Then of course, I have my one year old daughter who is just learning to talk, who says Mamamamamammamamamamammamamamamama all day long, set to drive me crazy.



And most days, I can deal with it. I have learned to give my children more constructive things to do then drive me crazy. But after days and even weeks of hearing the same things come out of my children's mouths, I wonder.. Have I lost my mind? Or was my mother right when she said I would have children three times as worse as me?


I mostly think that I have lost my mind. I mean after all, wouldn't you? Being 26 years old raising 3 kids on your own? Plus going through a nasty divorce, one medical problem after another, boy scouts, girl scouts, and PTA? It's exhausting. I wonder when I have time to breath let alone do anything else. I have lost my mind taking on all the things I am doing. So I learned to balance things out!

Not to have boy scouts, girl scouts, and PTA all in one week. Not to schedule one appointment after another and when and where to pick my battles, especially with my children!

But most of all, I have learned to take time and TEACH myself, how to pamper myself. Because I wasn't ever any good at "being a girl" I always just threw my hair up, found a comfy pair of sweats and t shirt and call it good. 

I have learned to take bubble baths, and to blog when my day is that horrible, and to just breath. Because I think that just because you are breathing, doesn't mean you are alive. 

So, I walk. I walk and walk and walk until it kills me, why? Because that is how I channel everything that is going on in my life and how I focus things. And I garden, I love to garden. I love planting things and watching them grow and teaching my children these things as well.

These are some of the things that I do, when I feel like I have lost my mind! Well that, and reading. But with everything I have going on, it's a wonder I have time to shower let alone anything else!


4 comments:

  1. Raising children is one of the most difficult jobs anyone can have. Mine are all grown now but I remember those days - and I worked so I wasn't there 24/7! Probably best for all involved as we all sure would have ended up in those funny white jackets with your arms tied around you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have definitely joked around with my children and told them I want to duct tape them to the wall just to calm them down sometimes. It's a difficult job, but it's also the most rewarding :)

      Delete
  2. LOL... I used to tell my kids that I'm going to change my name because I was tired of hearing Mom...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there with the kids needing everything and right now. It is exhausting, but one day, you will have them all raised and you will sitting on your sofa in your quiet and clean house and you will be remembering the good old days, which for you are NOW.
    Honest.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Drop me a line anytime! :D